20111106

Where to Eat Vegetarian Soup in Amsterdam

I love soup. It is always a dilemma which soup to order when I am having lunch at Soup en Zo.  Shall I try velvety peanut or spicy lentil today? It is a difficult choice because all fifteen home-made soups are equally delicious.


Soup for Vegetarians

Sometimes it is quite difficult to find vegetarian snacks, not only in Amsterdam but in many cities. Soup and Zo's chef prepares both meat-based and vegetarian soups.

What’s on the menu depends on availability of fresh ingredient. Soup en Zo is one of my haunts and for good reasons. Fifteen different home-made soups tempt me back on a regular basis. My favourite is peanut soup flavoured with cumin and coriander. Velvety spicy lentil soup is my second choice. I also like carrot and coriander. Chunky slices of whole-grain bread make it into a complete meal.

No Soup Today

When I am not in the mood for soup, I order a frothy milkshake, mango fruit juice or a lemon-ginger drink which is heaven to my taste buds. I find it almost impossible to ignore the mozzarella salad thick. The green and black olives, crispy walnuts, red pepper and tomatoes simply beg to be eaten. 



Take-away Soup

When I am in a hurry, I grab a take-away soup. I find the containers a bit messy and always bring my own. This thermo container keeps my soup hot for several hours. The second container keeps my salad fresh and crisp.  When I am not in a hurry, I eat my soup sitting at the bar or in summer at one of the outside table.

Soup and Zo has two locations.

Take-away only
Nieuwe Spiegelstraat 54
Mo – Fri 11.30 – 20.00
Sat 11.30 – 18.00


Take-away and restaurant
Jodenbreestraat 94a
Mon – Fri 11.00- 20.00
Sat – Sun 12.00- 19.00

No comments:

Post a Comment